Monday, June 29, 2009

Life with a 2 year old

 

It all started with a typical mom/son deal. "If you eat your watermelon for breakfast, I'll let you play in the car." Isaac responded vehemently with a "NO!" and pretended to hit me. To which I replied with a sincere heart "Fine. Whatever. But you can't play in the car UNTIL you eat your watermelon." Then I promptly left upstair to shower. That's when the revenge began. When I came downstairs the following is what I beheld: 1. the watermelon chunks strewn upon the floor 2. my large tumbler of water emptied upon the floor 3. the step stool had been drug out of the bathroom and placed at the bottom of the keys in an attempt to reach them 4.the other full watermelon had been rolled OFF of the counter and was cracked open oozing watermelon juice on my kitchen rug and finally 5. a red apple cinnamon candle had been smeared all over the gridle. This was the mess he was working on when I found him or I'm sure the destruction would have continued. Really. I mean WHAT kind of mother really thinks she can take a shower of all things with a 2 year old on the loose. Seriously. As you can see Squeaks had to help with the clean up. Oh the naughtiness!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Chiara said...

hahahah! What a stinker! That is one SERIOUS mess....i think it deserves a medal! :)

Brenda said...

I think it's genetic....
says a brenanny remembering wayyyy back when a yittle gurl squeezed a honey bear all over the back of a toilet....or the time she scaled the wall and one by one dumped all the bottle of spices.....or the time she flipped a freshly baked pie off the counter....or the time she handed her little brother one egg at a time for him to drop....

Erica said...

I'm just glad you documented it, so if HIS kids ever give him grief.. :) I also love the picture of him remorsefully cleaning up!

Rasheta Family said...

this makes me feel better about my little monster. You could call me everyday to find out what destruction he has left.