Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sugar Plum

 
My neighbors from Tennessee decided to go back home for the summer and we have missed them tons of bunches! Zekie still waves to their house everytime we drive by say "There's Chaffee's house!" Luckily before they left we had a little party and got some solid quality friend time in. Here's a pic of all the Mom's on the street...and Zekie and Jarren.

 
I took the previous picture so clearly I needed a picture with Erika too! Erika is a great listener, very dependable, generous, and really entertaining :) She is very passionate about life and always has a good story.

 
We call Erika "Sugar Plum" because she always calls the boys "sweetie" which really ticked "Zekie Bachman" off, who think everyone MUST call him ONLY by his true name. I tried to convince him him it was all just a game and when she said (in her sweet Southern accent) "HI SWEEEEEEEEEEETIE!" he was to respond with "HI Sugar Plum!" I don't know if that's really a southern thing to say, but it seemed fitting at the time. Well, happily Erika took to the game and made it all the more fun by mimicking Zekie and exclaiming with as much drama as she could muster "ME? I'm NOT a Sugar Plum!!" with a big smile on her face :) Zekie would then reply "Oh YES you ARE!!" And all was well in the world. Isaac also thoroughly enjoyed playing it up with Erika.

 
Caleb definitely picks favorites and Erika is one of them. He would regulary blow me off and crawl over to her and put his chubby little arms up to her to be held. I would always call Erika Caleb's "other mother", because she might as well have been considering how much they loved each other :)

No comments: