Here are the boys with their Dada on Father's Day. How do I even begin to tell you about the awesome father that Rob is. Our boys LOVE him dearly and with good reason. He talks, plays, feeds, bathes, dresses, you name it...he does it. AND not only does it, but does it with such love and sincerity that the boys truly know how much he cares about each one of them. He is such a wonderful example to them and I am so grateful to have him as the father of our children.
Rob is Zekie's go to man every morning. He runs past my side of the bed, straight on to Rob's and climbs in bed and tries his best to snuggle until he's just soo famished that he says over and over "Dada, can you pleeeeeeeease get me some food!" until Rob eventually caves and pulls himself out of bed.
Then's there's Isaac. Isaac truly is a Dada's boy. He is Rob's shadow from the second he gets home until we put him to bed. We regularly ask him if he's a "Dada Squeaks, or a Mama's Squeaks?" He always gets a big smile on his face and shouts "I a Dada's Squeaks!"
Caleb also loves his Dada and gives him THE biggest smiles as he tells him "A gum di dum!" The other day when Rob left for bishopric Caleb's little heart just broke into pieces. It was very tragic.
Every morning we have a tradition in which we all stand at the window and wave to Rob as he goes to work.....and every day when he comes home from work, the second the boys hear the garage door they yell "Dada's home! Dada's home!" and run with all their might to the garage to welcome him. We're sooooo glad when Dada comes home!
Here's Senior with Kim, Rob, and Senior feeling the love on Father's Day. Senior is all about golf, so the golf fitting the kids got him was a hit :)
And lastly here's me with my good ol' Dad...and a turkey. It's an appropriate picture taken at Thanksgiving because I truly am thankful for my Dad. My father has not only been a great father all growing up he really is a great friend, and will regularly call me on his way home from work...just to catch up. He's very generous and handy has help us with tons of little projects here and there. He offers so much love and security and as an ER doctor it's really comforting knowing that no matter what time of the day it is I can call him and get his advice on how to make everything better again. He's been an awesome "A Gung" (maternal grandfather in Chinese) to my kids and they always run to hug him when they see him. Thank you Dad for helping me with homework, cheering me up with funny stories, taking me on many a trip, and raising me into the daughter I am today. I love you.





3 comments:
What a beautiful Father's Day tribute! You totally captured all the things I LOVE about Dad! :)
I didn't know Fathers Day was in July!?! ;)- First of all, Robs dad looks like he should be Robs brother! Second of all, I love how much your boys love their dad! I always get a big kick out of how bad they all want him at church! Yah for dads!
Post a Comment