
In Milazzo, another mission town of Rob's, we stay in a lovely 4 star place called Hotel Il Principe. It was quite unique with it's ornate decorations and ornate furniture. The middle picture is Rob standing next to the craziest light fixture I've ever see. I wish it had been turned on so you could get the full effect but it was just a wild bunch of wires with bulbs at the end. That night we ordered in a margharita pizza and Fanta and stared up at a glorified fire alarm in the middle of the cofferred ceiling :)

The next morning we strolled along the port and Rob told me old mission stories and reminisced about the places he'd been. You can see the incredible shot of him in the corner standing next to one of his old apartments.

We hiked up to some castle ruins at the top of the city and here was our view of Milazzo below.

Milazzo is really quite quaint with its docking port, winding cobblestone paths, tiny cars, ma & pa's shops (we bought some prickly pears), laundry drying out the window... ah Italy.

Rob drove us up to Capo Milazzo where we had lunch at a ristorante/pizzeria called Il Faro. After all sorts of guessing at the menu and a pushy Italian waiter who was just sure he knew what we wanted, we ended up with bruschetta, tuna olive & tomatoe salad, shrimp and lobster (head, eyes...the whole thing) spagetti, and of course two Coca colas. These Sicilians are into presentation I tell you... hence Rob's spaghetti in this elaborate swan o' tinfoil. The best part was we had the entire restaurant to ourselves (except for the cat that kept dashing about). I kept teasing Rob that it was so romantic of him to reserve the entire restaurant just for us! After some banter about President Obama with the owner, we left and went for a small stroll along the point. We came upon a church that had been built into a cave in the rock and offered our thanks for a glorious vacation.
5 comments:
Wow! That is a CRAZY light fixture! Only in Italy.
I've never heard of margharita pizza. ha ha
Love your Collages too!
AAAAHHHHHH! I am seething with jealousy that you got to go to Italy and also with happiness that you got to to Italy! ha :) How cool. Looks amazing.
So cool!! Not sure about the lobster though....
Yay! You started posting! You are my inspiration. What an amazing trip we took. My only two regrets were that we weren't with you guys for all your adventures in Sicily and that I didn't get to know you sooner... We had such a blast with you guys in Italy! You guys ROCK!
Some people just get to live "THE LIFE"....not fair! One day I'll get to Italy...but until then I will live through your blog posts about it! SO MUCH FUN!
Post a Comment