Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Hike


We went a small hike after a full morning of Yellowstoning and let me just say it was a little tough to have joy in the journey. Don't get me wrong, the trail was beautiful with lots of cute wildflowers and lovely pines...but let just say Zekie is not cut out to be a pioneer. Oh and Squeaks was a real trooper until the last half of the trail on the way back at which point he became complete dead weight as I carried him and he slept on my shoulder. This was just one more straw that eventually broke the camel's back and we ultimately voter with the rest of Rob's siblings to cut the trip a day short. The cabin was just a little too small and dirty for 6 children who like to bounce off walls and roll on floors. All in all I'm still glad we made the trip...although I don't know that we'll be coming back with these crazy for at least another year or two.


1 comment:

Kelly said...

I couldn't tell what Zekie said when he jumped off the log. In the future (and maybe when we get our basement finished) you could always come stay with us at night and then hang out with the Bachman's for the day adventures.