Caleb's got a memory of steel and to keep it strong he exercises it constantly. Literally almost every sentence he speaks begins with "Remember..." He's been doing this since he could talk really. He would look out the window as we drove down the Main Street that takes us away from our home "Wemember when we went there to pick pumpkins?" "Wemember when we got gas there?" Etc. etc. Yes Caleb. I remember. Especially since you remind me EVERY time we drive past it.
Isaac on the other hand likes to "Bemember" things. He also has a catch phrase to begin most if his sentences with. It is "Did you know? !!!!" But usually it comes out "didyouknow" all super fast like with lots of fast breathing through the teeth before and after and throughout the wild story he's about to divulge. He likes to speak in hastags. Keep in mind his tail will also be unraveled in a high and squeaky voice. He definitely continues to earn his nick name "Squeaks."
Tonight we went to Walmart. I like to shop at Walmart for two reasons. The first is I like to price match. The second is my kids can run around like crazy, weighing various fruits, shouting at the top of their lungs, bickering back-and-forth, breaking shoes, shaking pop, laying in the aisle crying, abandoning the youngest at the drinking fountain, fighting over the birthday cake book, shall I go on? This was just the happenings of our trip tonight. And yet somehow with it all happening at Walmart vs somewhere "classy" like let's say Harmon's makes me feel all the better. Like maybe it's more acceptable somehow. We came, we bought, we conquered. And although Noah knocked down about 50 cereal boxes it still feels like a major accomplishment. Our family motto rings out triumphant. "We survived!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
You have captured your boys perfectly but need to add to Caleb's "Right....?" (insert afterwards the name of whoever he's talking to.) I got "Right Nani?" for four days straight.
I'm not sure how to describe Isaac sucking all the saliva back in while taking his next breath to squeak out his spider squeak's tale.
Meanwhile, Zekie is rolling his eyes and has both hands covering his ears. Little brothers are obviously soooo annoying especially in cars!
Post a Comment