Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day Out With Thomas!

DSC_0340 Zekie’s been anticipating this day of all glorious days for months! Day out with Thomas…a little boy’s dream come true.  “Mama, you thought Thomas was a just a cartoon didn’t you? But, I knew he was for real.”2010-05-27 DSC_0381 We caught the train and had a dandy time singing and dancing to Thomas tunes, sneaking peaks at all the interesting passengers, and of course enjoying the beautiful rolling hillside.DSC_0386Caleb was a little leary of Sir Topham Hatt.  I just hope that guy’s got some sort of air conditioning going on in there. DSC_0401All the boys thoroughly enjoyed the imagination station.  Isaac stamped it up, Zekie made the rounds, and Caleb had no qualms with hard core train playing with hoards of complete stranger toddlers inches away at all times. DSC_0402Isaac decided to get his Thomas tattoo on his shin…and I think it may just have been to get a better look at his gorgeous blondie tattoo artist.  I have no idea what her name was but I’m pretty sure it must have been Ashley.

DSC_0410DSC_0417

Wouldn’t you know it they had a miniture golf course.  I think they must have set it up for the Dads that were taking their sons to Thomas instead of golfing.  Isaac happened to be playing next to another little boy named Isaac and they both thought was so cool that they were playing well enough to have both their parent and a complete stranger saying “Good job Isaac!”

DSC_0427DSC_0428

We were just about to leave and I forced Rob to stay an extra 15 minutes to get pictures with Thomas.  You can see how well the boys will smiling for a picture I’m taking vs. the one the stranger took.  So much for my big speech to Zekie before hand on where to look when someone’s taking your picture :) Happy Thomas Day or as Caleb would say “Namaste”.  The Thomas in me salutes the Thomas in you.

7 comments:

Brenda said...

What happy gleeful boyz at a cheeky Thomas outing!! The parents need the tatoos as a sign of toughness and bravery to show they survived:)

The Adventurous Spencer said...

How fun! I wondered if you were going this year. Looks like the boys had a blast! Cute pix

Julianne said...

Wow, Zekie is right! Thomas Lives!!!
You are all brave to be standing so close to Sir Topham Hatt. What a fun day!

Kelly said...

What a fun time. Now only if they had something set up for other shows like a rocket ride for Little Einsteins then we'd be set.

Erica said...

Haha, that makes my heart happy. What a good day for three Thomas-loving boys!

Bryson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bryson said...

It's possible these adventures fall within a long line of Bachmans obsessed with trains... http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/index.php