Monday, June 7, 2010

The 7 Year Itch

wedding cake wedding doors Today Rob and I celebrate our 7 year anniversary.  Last year my Dad jokingly warned us of the impending “7 year itch” which according to WikiAnswers is “, after being married for seven years or just being with someone for that long, you start looking at other options. Hence you have an itch to scratch. In layman's terms, one is expected to leave/cheat at this time.”  Well…hmm…NOPE! Rob is a fabulous husband and I’m sticking with him.

We sat down with the boys and looked through our wedding album and they decided that Rob looks the same and I look different.  I guess having 3 boys will do that to you.  On the other hand apparently I’m aging quite well…atleast according to some random guy on the street that yelled to Rob when we walked by “Hey Bro.  Next time you’re going to cheat the stork, bring me along.”  Cheat the stork?  Ummm? Was he trying to say “rob the cradle?”  Apparently I need to sophisticate my look a little.  Anyways, we rounded the corner and arrived at our Anniversary dinner location of Bombara.  Soooo delicious!  We had blueberry lemonade, wheat sourdough bread, corn bisque with crab meat soup, orange vinaigrette salad, incredible halibut, and melt in your mouth bison.  We were beyond stuffed but just had to have dessert too.  Ice cream filled profiterole cream puffs drizzled with hot fudge.  Who knew anniversaries could taste this good?

  IMG_0184 IMG_0186

I’m so grateful to have such an amazing husband.  Rob is my best friend, a great communicator, helpful around the house and with the boys, the best Dad, a wonderful and righteous example, an awesome provider and hard worker, entertaining, caring and loving.  I’m so lucky to call him mine and am in love with him and our forever.  Cheeeeese end.

4 comments:

Julianne said...

Happy 7th!!! That is some fancy anniversary cuisine. Nothing better to start the seventh year stuffed with fancy food and Blueberry Lemonade.

Kim Whitefield said...

We're also celebrating our 7th this October, so we'll have to celebrate with some crab bisque of our own. Happy anniversary, you, too! You have such a beautiful and happy relationship and family. Keep it up, you too!

Jill said...

Muaaaaaaaaaah! I love it, we celebrated our 7th with some fancy dinner too! I love Bambara! Congrats on not scratching that itch....

shabba shabba said...

I've never heard of this 7 year itch of which you speak. Maybe this is why Shannon has been scratching behind her ears for the past year.