Every Sunday Isaac sits with me on the pew until the final hymn begins. Then he runs up to Rob on the stand and sits with him until Sacrament ends. One week he decided to spice things up a bit and was half way to Rob when he got the grand idea to stop and start playing the piano. Needless to say I got to run up and grab him quickly and several people in the congregation had quite a laugh.
JULY 26 2009
The primary president begins her sharing time with a picture of the prophet. "Today I brought someone who I love and that's very special to me to primary... " Zekie cries out excitedly "Is it me?!"
.....
Isaac like to mimic things Zekie says. One of Zekie's latest is "That's not supposed to happen." Isaac says it with a twist "That's not supposed to not happen."
AUGUST 4 2009
Rob's tired downstairs and is falling asleep to whatever kid's show Zekie is watching. Zekie starts yelling at him to wake up and come upstairs so he can play computer games. Rob finally relents and they go upstairs. Zekie runs to the cabinet, climbs up and grabs himself a fruit snack. Rob says "Hey what do you think you're doing." Zekie says "Getting a Sponge Bob fruit snack...no 2 fruit snacks." Rob says "I don't think so" Zekie replies "Go away. You're tired. Go take a nap!"
SUMMER 09
We were swimming at my parents house with all the boys and Isaac who is always such a Dada's boy refused to go to Rob. He just kept clinging to me and saying "Noooo! I done with my Dada." It was so unlike him I tried to hand him off to Rob several more times to no avail. Finally I got him really close to Rob and asked him why he WOULD NOT go to Dada. He pointed right at Rob's nipples and said "I done with Dada's danks...they scare me." Danks?! Not sure where he got the name, but apparently Rob's white chest, and hairy nipples were quite terrifying to a small 2 year old boy. I told Isaac that he could ride on Rob's back and that way he would not have to be near his danks. That comforted him and aways they went :)
NOV 24 2009
Zekie: Where are you going Dada?
Rob: To work.
Z: Why?
R: To make money.
Z: OK, but only get the BIG monies, not the little ones.
R: The big ones?
Z: Yeah, the big white ones! Just quarters!
Isaac: Where are you going Dada?
Rob: To work
Isaac: But why?
Rob: To make money.
Isaac: Oh. To make money to put in the piggy bank?
Rob: Yup.
12/26/09
We decided to go to McDonald's which Zekie has recently declared as being his favorite restaurant. After being pent up in the house for several days during Christmas break this was our first venture outside. As the van door slide open and we let Zekie out he exclaimed "This is the happiest day of my life!"
7/13/10
Zekie has been responding affirmatively by saying "Yes sir, commander!" He informed me that I'm No.1 Commander, Dada is No. 2 Commander, and Jesus is No. 0 Commander. Pretty accurate I'd say :)
1 comment:
How adorable! I miss you guys already!
Post a Comment