Our baby is tha-wee! He’s such a big boy that we clearly needed to have a BIG party. He picked out the dinosaur decorations at Walmart himself and with the balloons, streamers, and happy birthday banner we were ready to go!
I asked Caleb what kind of birthday cake he wanted… maybe Ironman…or Umizoomi? No, he wanted it to be BLUE. Just blue. Nothing else. It’s like he knows I don’t have any cake skillz and didn’t want me to hurt myself trying. I conveniently had some dinosaur sprinkles, so we spiced it up a bit… nothing too fancy.
And let’s be honest…it’s all about the frosting anyway. I could have just bought a tub of frosting, stirred in some blue food coloring and handed it to him and he would have been just as happy.
The Bachman brothers… and best friend Nate the neighbor, who virtually lives at our house. It’s a good thing. He’s like our Urkel, Kimmy Gibler or Cody from ‘Step By Step’ … but cooler clearly.
Caleb got lots of love and attention from his family and friends!
Caleb’s ultimate favorite present.. a Bop Bag tiger that you can punch and it will pop back up… until it get a hole within 24 hours and takes up space in your toy box. It was GLORIOUS for a day though, and he did the best happy dance when he got it.
Caleb questioning, is this entire bag of jellybeans all for me?
Nick and Erica really hooked Caleb up… he was the happiest of nephews. Candy and a ball? The perfect 3 year old gift.
You can see Zekie was more anxious for Caleb to open his presents than he was.
All Bachman functions must have a full body tackle at some point in the program.
The bop bag didn’t stand a chance with this group about to pounce.
Here is Nick trying to resurrect my attempt at the actual cake portion of Caleb’s birthday. I of course didn’t let the cake cool down properly before I put the frosting on and it melted in a disgusting blob around the outside. I tried to recruit Nick to help me and he was entirely reluctant until he saw there was no chance of survival with me at the wheel and finally took over.
Erica may think twice before she buys a present for my children that could possibly be used as a weapon. A pretty convincing cower I may add.
Ta dah! A beautiful blue cake for Caleb’s birthday. Nice work Nick and lovely assistant Zekie… and by assistant I mean assist in eating it.
Sunday, May 29, 2011
Caleb’s 3rd Birthday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
What a fabulous party! I'm loving the brotherly comradery with the tackling and all. So much love going on!
I loved all the bright and cheery dinosaur decor that Caleb picked out . He will look back some day and know that even as a thwee yr. old he was rockin' some cool colors!
Oh give yourself more credit.. the cupcakes and frosting were delish!! Plus some dinosaur sprinkles? Pro!
And it was a genuine cower.. he was whomping me!
I love "Katie Commentary." You make me laugh!! You throw a mean boy birthday bash!
Post a Comment