Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Davis County Fair

Rob’s sister Kim invited us to come to the Davis County Fair.  We decided to brave it and go.  We had a wonderful/terrible time depending on the current moment we were in.  The following are a few highlights in both categories:

Terrible: 1) Zekie having to wait at the top of the bounce slide to let the boy at the bottom have some privacy as he was peeing off the slide. 2) Isaac telling us that the “hamster”/rabbit in the prized animals area was sad and wanted to get out of his cage. 3) Caleb locking the cash register key inside of the cash register. 4) Kim wanting to “stab Mark in the heart next time she saw him”, after Mark disappeared minutes after arriving.  Good thing she’s a nurse and could administer to him after inflicting the wound.  Not to worry.  Mark redeemed himself by taking care of a very tired Ryker the rest of the evening. 5) Feeling guilty for sneaking into the pony ride after they’d already closed off the line…Kim was clearly saving our spots.

And now for the Wonderful:IMG_0591 The boys thoroughly enjoyed the kiddie rides.  Motorcycles, cars, boats…it was a little boy’s dream come true.  Even the pukey twisty ride that my tall baby technically qualified to go on.  As it started he said “Whee” then it got up to full speed and he started yelling “ALL DONE MAMA!!”  Shortly after as it slowed he said “That was fun”.  I wonder if they take requests to do half speed…too bad I don’t know how to say that in Spanish…Rapido Media?  IMG_0592 IMG_0603 IMG_0622IMG_0612 Isaac and Zekie loved the bounce house.  Our little gymnast Isaac especially had a hey day.  Rob said Isaac’s finale bounce house performance was running full speed into the corners and catapulting himself back to the middle.  Such a Squeaks.  Which reminds me of one of my favorite interchanges with Isaac lately:

Katie: “Quit being such a Squeaks!”     Isaac: “But I is a Squeaks!” IMG_0635 Caleb thought the tractors were by far the BEST thing there.  I gotta find him a John Deere T-shirt.  I seriously debated letting the crusty grandpa farmers in charge of the tractor area, babysit him the rest of the night.IMG_0638 Caleb’s new best friend.  The hand sanitizer just didn’t quite cover the whole *hugging* area.IMG_0650 Behold our “inkblot test” family.  Can’t you just imagine folding this picture in half and then telling the psychiatrist what it looks like?IMG_0655All in all THIS is what we come for…the look of pure happiness in our children’s eyes.

5 comments:

Erica said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm glad Squeaks remembered to remind you that he is a squeaks ;) Cute boys!

Heather B said...

Looks fun. Sorry we missed it. Love the picture of Caleb and the goat!

Kelly said...

Fun, fun, and more fun! I liked the commentary. It had me laughing!

Brenda said...

The Davis County fair is definitely a step above Oaks Park where you and your siblings use to have white trashin' days of fun:) Julianne left her mark in the fun balls and we were officially banned!

Chiara said...

Caleb and that goat....is just kills me everytime I look at it! I love it! Handsome handsome "squeaky" boys!! ;)-

(and p.s. I totally think you should have left him with the crusty farmer grandpa at the tractors!!)