Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentine’s Day

DSC_0732-1Happy Valentine’s day from the Bachman Brothers! Isaac just saw this picture and said “That is a picture of my best friend Baby.” And what a lovable best friend Baby he is to everyone and everything! Caleb is just oozing affection most of the day. Some of his favorite things he loves to give big hugs and kisses to include his family, his binky/blanket, and yesterday my necklace got at least 5 kisses. He likes to announce what he has kissed after he’s done it and say for example “Mama kiss.” or perhaps “candy kiss”. I’m grateful for my boys who pound on each other daily, but almost always are willing to kiss and make up immediately afterwards. DSC_0742Here’s me with my Sweetheart posing for our orthodontists’ advertising campaigns :) I gave Rob some Mother’s Circus Cookies (one of his favs)…I figured, pink and white with sprinkles? Clearly Valentiny. Rob gave me LOTS of extra help with the kiddos and a long backrub. We’re real romantics around here. Don’t even bother completing :) IMG_0057On Saturday we had a spicy Valentine’s date at a new Mexican restaurant “Tios” up the street in our neighborhood. We had a good experience with the food, pricing “Valentine’s special”, ambiance, and service. We asked each other about our hopes and dreams which inevitably ends up as a convo about when #4 fits in the plan. We tried to branch out a little more this time and talked about all the exotic travel we’ll do when we’re retired empty nesters. IMG_0062They offered us Martinelli’s after our meal and so we made a toast to many more sweet Valentine’s days to us.IMG_0060To cap off our Valentine’s experience “the special” included a bouquet of flowers. Our waitress was supposed to bring them out to me but I saw where the bucket full of bouquets was and I asked he if I could pick out my own. She consented and then surprised me by saying that actually there was an even cuter bouquet in the back…she brought them out and indeed they were the winners. A quick Valentine shout out: Thank you Rob for being such a wonderful husband and father. I love you more everyday! and PS Thanks to Diana for coming up with the great idea for a babysitting swap/swap. I'm definitely game when you want to swap again!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Awwww cute!! Great post, so #4 huh??? Anytime soon? Thanks for thinking I look cute! I've made a real effort this year, it was one of my new year's goals to look decent everyday! I got these headbands online, but they sell the exact same ones at Tai Pan for about 10-12 bucks. I definitely want to check out their collection and get some more, because they are the perfect bad hair day fix!

Kelly said...

Fun times! Mom and I got a kick out of Isaac's best friend comment!

Erica said...

You do have loving boys :) And the pink.. Valentine's Day must be Zekie's favorite! Did you and Rob sing about being in "an evil love"?

Lars said...

Yea for a great date & the "report". I should have read this sooner, but not much on the computer lately. Glad it was a good experience. The photo of the boys is so adorable. You two are such a great couple. Love your blog.